By Niall Lucy
A Dictionary of Postmodernism offers an authoritative A-Z of the severe phrases and primary figures relating to the origins and evolution of postmodernist conception and culture.
- Explores the names and ideas that experience come to outline the postmodern – from Baudrillard, Jameson, and Lyotard, to the thoughts of deconstruction, meta-narrative, and simulation – along much less canonical subject matters similar to discussion and punk
- Includes essays by means of the past due Niall Lucy, a number one specialist in postmodernism stories, and by means of different famous students who got here jointly to accomplish and extend upon his final work
- Spans a kaleidoscope of postmodernism views, addressing its fans and haters; its movers and shakers comparable to Derrida; its origins in modernism and semiotics, and its outlook for the future
- Features a sequence of short essays instead of fastened definitions of the foremost rules and arguments
- Engaging and thought-provoking, this is often right away a scholarly advisor and enduring reference for the field
Read or Download A Dictionary of Postmodernism PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
The Nobel Prize-winning dramatist Luigi Pirandello (1867-1936) is absolutely some of the most cutting edge playwrights of the 20 th century and in addition some of the most advanced. whereas his impact unfold all through modernist and postmodernist works, many first-time audiences and readers are faced with the trouble linked to this kind of radical aesthetic adventure.
The Urgency of Now! : construction a real Nigerian NationBy: Angelicus-M. Onasanya, DBA
Seminar paper from the yr 2009 within the topic English Language and Literature reports - Literature, grade: 1,0, college of Erfurt, direction: Dystopia: Wells and Huxley, language: English, summary: H. G. Wells were intrigued through speculations in regards to the destiny growth of humanity in the direction of a extra equivalent society for the reason that his adolescence.
Poetry and Radical Politics in fin de siècle France explores the kin among poetry and politics in France within the final decade of the nineteenth century. The interval covers maybe crucial advancements in smooth French poetry: from the post-Commune weather that spawned the 'decadent' move, via to the (allegedly) ivory-towered aestheticism of Mallarmé and the Symbolists.
- The Silver Fork Novel: Fashionable Fiction in the Age of Reform (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- The Fugitive Race: Minority Writers Resisting Whiteness
- The Imagery of Sea and Land in Fred D’Aguiar’s Feeding the Ghosts
- The Historical Imagination of G.K. Chesterton: Locality, Patriotism, and Nationalism (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
- Two Levels: Lewis Carroll's Alice Books as Children's Literature and Adult Fiction
- Tirant lo Blanc. Episodis amorosos. Text adaptat: Inclou recurs digital (LES EINES) (Catalan Edition)
Extra resources for A Dictionary of Postmodernism