By Algernon Austin
This e-book is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million american citizens with the main severe hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of contemporary Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" train us approximately race and ethnicity in the USA today.
• deals a critique of Obama from the left on his medical health insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties guidelines, academic reforms, and technique for facing African American concerns
• offers challenging info displaying that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea get together supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies options for facing white racial nervousness a few diversifying America
• offers empirically derived estimates of the share of the yank public with robust anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
Chronicling the emergence of deeply embedded notions of black humans as a deadly race of criminals via particular distinction to working-class whites and ecu immigrants, this attention-grabbing e-book finds the impression such rules have had on city improvement and social policies.
In the course of a contemporary interview on a favored afternoon scientific speak convey, the 1st girl of the us Michelle Obama acknowledged that she felt weight problems was once the number 1 probability to nationwide defense, it appears, in her opinion, surpassing terrorism, guns of mass destruction within the fingers of our enemies, and hate teams, simply to identify a couple of.
Even supposing eugenics is now generally discredited, a few teams and members declare a brand new medical foundation for outdated racist assumptions. thinking about the ongoing effect of racist examine and inspiration, regardless of all proof on the contrary, Robert Sussman explains why—when it involves race—too many folks nonetheless mistake bigotry for technological know-how.
Utilizing severe race idea and movie reviews to discover the interconnectedness among cinema and society, Zélie Asava strains the background of mixed-race representations in American and French filmmaking from early and silent cinema to the current day. combined Race Cinemas covers over 100 years of filmmaking to chart the improvement of (black/white) combined representations onscreen.
- Key Concepts in Race and Ethnicity (SAGE Key Concepts series)
- Protesting Affirmative Action: The Struggle over Equality after the Civil Rights Revolution (Reconfiguring American Political History)
- Hearts Beating for Liberty: Women Abolitionists in the Old Northwest
- First Available Cell
- Philosophy Imprisoned: The Love of Wisdom in the Age of Mass Incarceration
- Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class
Extra info for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President