By Philip R. Yannella
- Topics comprise Civil struggle reminiscence, the digital re-enslavement of African-Americans after Reconstruction, and radical social movements
- Draws on more than a few files from journal and newspaper bills to executive experiences and demanding non-fiction
- Presents a modern background as writers may have understood it as they have been writing, now not as historians have interpreted it.
- Designed to be suitable with the foremost anthologies of literature from the period
- Equips scholars and common readers with the mandatory ancient context had to comprehend the writings from this era and gives unique and worthy readings that show how context contributes to meaning
- Includes a ancient timeline, that includes key literary works, American presidents, and old events
Read or Download American Literature in Context from 1865 to 1929 PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
The Nobel Prize-winning dramatist Luigi Pirandello (1867-1936) is surely some of the most leading edge playwrights of the 20 th century and in addition essentially the most complicated. whereas his impact unfold all through modernist and postmodernist works, many first-time audiences and readers are faced with the trouble linked to any such radical aesthetic event.
The Urgency of Now! : development a real Nigerian NationBy: Angelicus-M. Onasanya, DBA
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2009 within the topic English Language and Literature reviews - Literature, grade: 1,0, collage of Erfurt, direction: Dystopia: Wells and Huxley, language: English, summary: H. G. Wells have been intrigued by way of speculations in regards to the destiny growth of humanity in the direction of a extra equivalent society considering that his formative years.
Poetry and Radical Politics in fin de siècle France explores the kin among poetry and politics in France within the final decade of the nineteenth century. The interval covers might be an important advancements in sleek French poetry: from the post-Commune weather that spawned the 'decadent' flow, via to the (allegedly) ivory-towered aestheticism of Mallarmé and the Symbolists.
- Writing Outside the Nation (Translation/Transnation)
- Profound Science and Elegant Literature: Imagining Doctors in Nineteenth-Century America
- Race, Trauma, and Home in the Novels of Toni Morrison (Southern Literary Studies)
- The Alternative Trinity: Gnostic Heresy in Marlowe, Milton, and Blake: Gnostic Heresy in Marlowe, Milton and Blake
- The Gospel in Tolstoy: Selections from His Short Stories, Spiritual Writings & Novels (The Gospel in Great Writers)
Additional resources for American Literature in Context from 1865 to 1929